- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- For newsletter sign-ups: Email address
- For counselling referrals: Name, phone number, email address and information about why you are requesting counselling support
- For volunteering roles: Name, address, email, phone number, past neonatal experience, what days are available for work, which NHS trust is preferred to work in
- For support referrals: Name, address, email, phone number, date of birth, child’s name, address, date of birth, hospital which provided / providing neonatal care, NHS number, names, address and contact details of all NHS health care professionals involved, diagnosis, name, date of birth and address of additional children, name and contact details for school / nursery
- Information about your neonatal stay, your mental health, your child’s development and information regarding your family situation, to ensure you are provided the best care provision from the Leo’s service, and supporting organisations you have shared with us
- For feedback (when not anonymous): Name, address, email, telephone number and comments about the Leo’s support services (you will be notified on the form if these are to be used for public use)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Leo’s with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online for any of our services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our social media, via email, via Survey Monkey
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- During peer support phone calls / emails / group therapy sessions / counselling support.
- Please note counselling notes are confidential to the client and counsellor and only shared in line with our safeguarding policy
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your support and care pathway within our services
- Contact you regarding any events we are holding
- Contact NHS professionals involved in you or your child’s care to let them know the type of care you are receiving via a letter
- Contact NHS professionals involved in you or your child’s care to let them know when you have been discharged from a service. This may include a summary of findings via a letter e.g.. from an attachment specialist or occupational therapists
- Liaise with NHS professionals involved in your child’s care to ensure there is no doubling up of support, and if necessary, to enable Leo’s services to focus on different areas of need identified by the NHS team to complement their work E.G. conversations may happen between the NHS physiotherapists and the Leo’s occupational therapy team to confirm any areas of need
- List of professionals who could be in receipt of your information as laid out above:
- NHS general practitioners
- NHS mental health services
- NHS physiotherapists
- NHS speech and language therapists
- NHS health visitors
- NHS neonatologists
- NHS paediatricians
- Leo’s occupational therapists
- Leo’s sign language provider
- Leo’s yoga provider
- Leo’s counsellor
- Leo’s attachment specialist
- Leo’s peer support team
- Leo’s board of trustees which include our safeguarding officers
How do we store your data?
Leo’s securely stores your data via SalesForce Not for Profit platform. This is a secure cloud platform which adheres to all GDPR guidelines.
Leo’s will keep your data as listed above, for up to one year after you have been discharged from all our services. Once this period has expired, we will delete your data by removing it from the cloud.
What are your data protection rights?
Leo’s would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Leo’s for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee to cover the administrative costs of this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Leo’s correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Leo’s to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Leo’s erase your personal data, under conditions outlined in GDPR
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Leo’s restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Leo’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Leo’s transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one calendar month from receipt of request to respond to you. Requests must be made in writing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us: Leo’s, First Floor, Winchester House, Skelton Industrial Estate, Redcar in Cleveland, TS12 2LQ
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us: email@example.com
Or write to us: Leo’s, 8, Hall Wood Close, Yarm, TS15 9FR
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.